Extended professional curriculum
Professor Jesús Manzano is a certified teacher. For this reason, it has trained more than 3,500 students from 26 countries in beekeeping and given face-to-face courses in Spain and Chile. He is, therefore, one of the beekeeping teachers who has trained the most people in the world.
It trains new beekeepers and professionals with hundreds or thousands of hives at the levels of initiation to organic beekeeping, advanced and queen rearing.
In the same way, every month dozens of students are trained in the international online beekeeping course
Founder, in 2013, of Ecocolmena . Also, inspiring beekeeping 3.0 bringing social innovation to thousands of beekeepers around the world. Equally important, he created the projects «Sponsor a Beehive» and «Beekeeper for a Day» .
Activist committed to the environment and social justice.
He is also a consultant for public organizations and companies, Judicial Expert in beekeeping. Teaching professor in beekeeping. Also mentor of new entrepreneurs in beekeeping. Social innovator. Also professional speaker at seminars and conferences. Writer of technical or informative articles.
- Judicial Expert in Beekeeping
- Trainer of trainers
- Master in Direction and Management of Information and its Technologies
Author of the Beekeeping manuals
- Learn to take care of bees
- Beekeeping in Ecological Production Systems (700 pages)
Projects carried out by Jesús Manzano
- Counselor in the project «LAS ABEJAS PRIMERO» for the legislative improvement of Mexico
- Speaker for the seminar INNOVATION AND COMPETITIVENESS OF THE BEEKEEPING SECTOR FACING GLOBAL CHANGE ”of the Ministry of Agriculture of Chile
- Also, editor in the elaboration of the Apicultural Ordinance of Castilla-La Mancha of Spain; legislation determining the scope and activities of beekeeping
- Consulting for the Ministry of Agriculture of Peru, regarding beekeeping legislation
- Consultant for the Embassy of Argentina regarding the labeling and quality regulations of honey from Spain
- Innovation consultant in beekeeping for the Faculty of Architecture of the USM University of Chile
- Consultancy for the Embassy of Georgia regarding differentiated quality production models and beekeeping training
- Consultant in the BeeLab Project «Development, validation and scaling of a semi-industrial beeswax purifier with controlled variables for the efficient removal of pesticides and medicines for beekeeping use» of the USM Universidad Federico Santa María de Chile
- Professor in the Diploma in Biodynamic Beekeeping at BeeHub Guatemala
- Installation of the first bee hives in cities of Spain, with the legal challenge of being «prohibited» beekeeping activity in cities
It has also created, participated and supported NGOs in Spain such as:
- Founder of the platform «Welcome Refugees Spain», an organization with thousands of volunteers to deal with the refugee crisis caused by the genocide in Syria
- Entrepreneur of intelligent transport systems and sustainable urban mobility – ir2M
- Director of Greenpeace Spain from 2012 to 2019
- Patron of the Amigos de las Abejas Foundation from 2013 to 2019
- Improving the zootechnical management, health and feeding of bees, for the beekeepers associations APA and APINORPA
- Beekeeping in the XXI century. USM Federico Santa María University, in Valparaíso (Chile)
- Local currencies and social economy. ECOLE, in Pucón (Chile)
- Urban Beekeeping. Valencia City Council, in Valencia (Spain)
- Also, Citizen beekeeping. UAH University of Alcalá de Henares, in Brihuega (Spain)
- European Biodiversity Heritage. Sponsorship of the European Union, in Sigüenza (Spain)
- Colony Colony and Industrial Agriculture. LA CAIXA, in Guadalajara (Spain)
- Bees and Biodiversity. Association of Pharmacists of Spain, in Salamanca (Spain)
- Innovation in the company. Taught to 3rd and 5th year business students. UAH University of Alcalá de Henares, in Brihuega (Spain)
- Economic Social. For 5th year economics students. UPM Polytechnic University of Madrid (Spain)
- Virtual campus. For freelancers. Microsoft Spain, in Barcelona (Spain)
Finally numerous articles published in newspapers, radio and television interviews that certainly make him a great connoisseur of the world of beekeeping.
- Marianela Castillo – Complementary natural pathologies and treatments
- Enrique Fernández – Practices and advanced beekeeping
- Javier Ruiz – Queen Breeding and Core Production Courses
- Joan Santana – Beekeeping Courses in Catalonia
- Host beekeepers in Beekeeping Courses in Chile